The Missouri Police Chiefs Association provides local and state law enforcement agencies to advertise employment opportunities for police chiefs, supervisory positions, law enforcement officers, communication officers, and other positions within their organization. Information on the position and access to employment applications can be e-mailed to the MPCA.
*NOTE: Must provide Job Expire Date.
Police Officer – UMKC
The UMKC Police Department is accepting applications for a Police Officer.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrol assigned area by motor vehicle, bicycle or on foot to prevent, discover, and deter the commission of crime, enforce university rules and regulations, provide personal and property security and traffic law enforcement. Observe and make note of suspicious persons, possible violators, hazardous conditions or unusual situations.
- Check buildings and property following security procedures; lock entry-ways and points of access as scheduled, take note and report evidence of damage and possible break-ins.
- Observe public or student gatherings and analyze developments to determine need for action.
- Respond to emergency alarms and dispatched calls regarding a variety of services including: illness, accidents, disturbances, crime and other acts against persons or property, animal control, and motorist assistance. Provide necessary assistance and take appropriate action based on analysis of situation and facts.
- Assist in parking patrol activities including issuing citations and ordering vehicle removals. Perform traffic control duties, directing automobile and pedestrian traffic to maintain safe and efficient flow. Issue warnings or citations to drivers when violations of motor vehicle laws are observed. May administer field sobriety tests.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of incidents as necessary; collect and preserve physical evidence, protect crime scene, interview suspects and witnesses, and files appropriate reports as directed by federal, state or local legal requirements. Prepare court cases and provide legal testimony in response to subpoena as witness and/or reporting officer to crime.
- May arrest individuals and take into custody. Process arrested individuals by taking photographs, obtaining fingerprints, and writing arrest reports; transports violators to jail.
- Provide escort service for designated individuals and money messengers, and assist with special events on campus.
- Renders first aid as needed, following prescribed procedures and victim / personal safety precautions.
- Takes and writes incident / accident reports, including those of missing/stolen property and criminal activity.
- Provide general assistance and information to students, staff and the public.
- Assist federal, state, county and city law enforcement authorities as requested or dispatched by central office.
- Prepare and file daily activity reports of disturbances, accidents, crimes and tickets issued in prescribed format.
- May prepare and process documents such as citations, complaints, affidavits, and warrants.
- May serve in the capacity of field training officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 30 college credit hours from accredited college or university OR 2 years federal active duty military service with an honorable dischargeOR 2 years’ experience as full-time POST certified peace officer
- A valid Missouri operator’s license
Missouri POST certification may be required prior to employment, but it is required once job is started
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
- A safe driving record is required while a driving record without violations/summonses/arrests is preferred.
- Commensurate mental and physical skills necessary to walk/stand for long periods of time, respond to emergencies, and maintain order among individuals and groups are necessary.
- Strong, verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Advanced level of education and stable job history preferred.
Full Time/Part Time
$20.50 per hour
Police Officers may be assigned to any of the three shifts (day, evening or night).
January 26, 2020
https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/staff-positions/. Search Police Officer and hit apply button. Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.(Post Date: January 14, 2020) (Post expires: January 26, 2020)
Police Officer – Houston
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
The Houston, Missouri Police Department is seeking an individual committed to understanding and protecting the ethical and cultural values of the City of Houston and its residents as a Police Officer. Houston is a small, but fast paced department. It is the county seat, which draws people in from the entire county with the courthouse, hospital, and main employment base for the county. Police Officers are vital to public safety and perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives of the Houston Police Department. Applicants must be POST certified and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills. We are seeking highly motivated candidates that are new to the career field or with experience and the ability to be trained in our techniques and programs. Starting rate of pay is $15.53 / hour.
Selected candidates will be required to take a written exam and complete an oral board interview.
- Paid insurance
- Excellent retirement program (LAGERS)
- Great opportunities for training
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license –
- Investigates conditions hazardous to life or property; conducts initial investigations of crime and crime scenes; conducts criminal investigation work. Conducts search and seizure activities as appropriate. Collects and preserves crime scene and evidence.
- Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law.
- Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
- Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
The City of Houston provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays, is required.
The City of Houston is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. The City is a Drug Free Workplace.(Post Date: January 14, 2020) (Post expires: March 13, 2020)
Police Officer – Woodson Terrace
The Woodson Terrace Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The deadline for submitting employment applications will be January 31st, 2020.
Applications can be obtained by going to the City web page www.woodsonterrace.net or by picking one up at the Woodson Terrace Police Department, 4305 Woodson Road, Woodson Terrace MO 63134.
Starting Pay Range: $22.59 an hour up to $23.79 an hour depending on experience.
We are an agency with an excellent reputation in the law enforcement community. We strongly believe in providing opportunities for both professional and personal development for our employees. The philosophy of our agency is to deliver the highest level of service to the community while taking every opportunity to conduct intelligent policing. If you take pride in your work and believe words like dedication, commitment, honor, pride, integrity and professionalism still have meaning then we encourage you to apply with our agency.
Performs police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, community services and related law enforcement activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POLICE OFFICERS:
AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be at least 21 years of age, by date of appointment.
EDUCATION: Applicant must possess a valid high school diploma, or its educational equivalent.
ARREST RECORD: No pertinent felony record and no conviction of any crime related to domestic violence. Applicant must have no pending indictments, no misdemeanor convictions such as, but not limited to, assault, unlawful use of a weapon, fraud, etc. Applicant cannot be on probation for any criminal charge.
COURTS: Applicant is not the Respondent on a Full Order of Protection and has no pending traffic citation(s) or court cases.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Applicant must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license (minimum of Class “F”), by date of appointment..
TRAINING: Applicant must have a Missouri POST Class A Peace Officer certification by date of appointment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good social skills and general intelligence
- Good knowledge of first-aid methods
- Good judgement; qualify in the use of firearms and other department approved weapons
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to drive an automobile
- Good powers of observation and memory
- Excellent moral character
All applications shall be kept on file for a minimum of one hundred and eighty days.
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING APPLICATION
– USE BLACK INK PEN ONLY. Complete this form in your own handwriting.
– Read each question carefully before answering.
– Be certain that each question is answered COMPLETELY and CORRECTLY and your answers are legible.
– Submit all documents as requested.
– If a question does not apply to you, write “N/A” (not applicable) in the space.
– Initial each page on the bottom right corner.
– Addition space is provided on pages 8 and 9 for answers that require clarification or further explanation. Please indicate the page number and the section when
using the additional information page.
Under Federal Law the disclosure of your Social Security Number is completely voluntary. Your refusal
to reveal your Social Security Number will in no way affect applications for any consideration for
employment provided by the Woodson Terrace Police Department.
Questions may be directed to:
Sgt. Robert Kolberer
The City of Woodson Terrace is an equal opportunity employer.(Post Date: January 8, 2020) (Post expires: January 31, 2020)
Police Systems Administrator – Kirkwood
JOB OPENING II CITY OF KIRKWOOD POLICE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, FULL-TIME
In conjunction with MIS, provides assistance to the end users of the police department with information technology hardware and software. Manages surveillance cameras, body-worn cameras, in-car cameras, and digital evidence management systems. Manages virtual desktops based on MIS guidelines. Trains, advises and assists personnel with technical problems related to PD-Specific software and peripherals; responds to questions regarding operation, application capabilities, and documentation. Assists with Police Department’s audio/video/graphics needs. Assists with fulfilling Sunshine Law requests for digital information. Ensures 24/7/365 operation of the Kirkwood Police Department-specific software and peripherals.
Five years of related and progressively responsible working knowledge of Public Safety Computer Systems software and GIS functions. Knowledge of Network Communications and Microsoft networking required. Two years of experience supporting MS Office 2010 or 2013 or 2016, and one year of experience supporting Global CAD, CARE, and RMS or similar systems. One year of experience supporting VMware and VDI or similar virtualization/cloud computing system. A combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Primarily indoor office environment.
SALARY: $52,381 – $57,629 per year, DOQ, plus excellent benefits.
Submit applications by Friday January 24, 2020.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application located on the City website under “Employment.” OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122. Return paper applications to: City of Kirkwood, Attn: Human Resources-PIO, at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
(Post Date: January 6, 2020) (Post expires: January 24, 2020)
Police Officer – Nixa
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.84-26.08 per hour pending qualifications*
- Posted Date:12/23/2019
Job Title: Police Officer
Pay Grade: 7
Pay Range: $17.84-26.08 per hour depending on qualifications*
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
*Optional study guides for the written test are available for purchase at http://www.publicsafetycompass.com/ (SKU: ELPOSG3rd Category: Study Guides)
FOR LATERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Job Summary: Performs a variety of law enforcement activities including; patrol, investigation, community relations, narcotics control, and youth services for the City of Nixa’s Police Department to ensure the safety and security of its residents.
For more information go to the following link: https://www.nixa.com/departments/human-resources/job-openings(Post Date: December 23, 2019) (Post expires: February 29, 2020)
Police Officer – Camdenton
POLICE OFFICER I POSITION – CAMDENTON POLICE – 40 hrs per week modified 10/12 hr. schedule with every other weekend off. Excellent benefits including Vacation & Sick Time, Lagers L-7 Retirement. Entry level salary range $28,600 – $31,200 depending upon qualifications and experience, with possible promotion/pay increase at 6 months & 2 year plus cell phone & uniform allowance. Applicant must be at least 21 years old. Basic Law Enforcement course, POST certified, physical exam, drug screen and background check required. City of Camdenton participates in e-verify as a part of the Missouri Immigration Law. Application available by contacting the Camdenton Police Dept. (573) 346-3604 or www.camdentoncity.com. EOE Expires: February 15, 2020(Post Date: December 5, 2019) (Post expires: February 15, 2020)
Police Officer – Missouri S&T
Work rotating shifts operating police vehicles or conducting foot patrol throughout assigned geographical areas, observing for criminal activity or other incidents requiring police intervention.
Speaks informally on a continuing basis with citizens concerning local ordinances, state laws, and police related subjects to assist in resolving their particular issue in cooperation with the Department.
Answers calls regarding service, illness, accidents, disturbances, crime or distress and provides necessary assistance.
Conducts after hour security checks of University buildings and property.
Responds to in-progress or recent criminal incidents to apprehend violators, restore or maintain public safety and obtain pertinent information for subsequent investigations.
Makes pedestrian/vehicle stops to question suspects of ordinance/statute violations. Interview victims, witnesses, and actual or suspected subjects in criminal incidents. Writes a variety of narrative reports on incidents, information, traffic stops and accidents.
May serve as field training officer for new personnel. Maintains departmental equipment, supplies and facilities. Keeps in contact with the general public, court officials, and other city officials in the performance of police operations activities; and frequently attends training programs to enhance job knowledge and performance.
Dispatch and assist with information disbursement.
Provide crime prevention programs to the campus community.
Must be able to pass a physical and psychological exam before being hired and must be MO POST certified.
Advanced levels of education and safe driving record without violations, summonses and arrests.
February 1, 2020(Post Date: December 2, 2019) (Post expires: February 1, 2020)
Part-Time Police Officer – Vienna
VIENNA POLICE DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 196
VIENNA, MO. 65582
SHANNON W. THOMPSON, CHIEF
OFFICE (573) 422-3811
CITY HALL (573) 422-3549
DISPATCH (573) 422-3381
The Vienna, MO Police Department has an opening for a part time police officer. Applicants are required to meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration for the position of Police Officer for the City of Vienna, Mo.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a current and valid Missouri P.O.S.T law enforcement certification.
- Must agree to and pass a background check.
- Must possess a valid Missouri Driver’s License (or equivalent if military) with an acceptable driving record.
- Male applicants must not have visible piercings. Female applicants allowed visible piercing in the ears only (subject to uniform policy upon hire).
- Must not possess excessive or objectionable tattoos visible while on duty. Applicants hired may be required and must agree to wear covering “sleeves” or long sleeve uniform shirts if directed by the Chief of Police. No tattoos are allowed above the collar or on the hands (except the ring finger).
- Must be able to work any shifts to include, days, evenings, weekends and holidays as directed by the Chief of Police.
- Must provide approved duty side arm and equipment belt.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a 6 month probationary performance evaluation period.
Part Time Position: Usually offers between 6 and 8 shifts (20 -40 hours) each month. Salary: $12.00 per hour.
Applications will be received until position is filled. Applications may be picked up from Vienna City Hall, located at 424 8th Street between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday or requested on line by e-mailing email@example.com. Resumes may be returned with completed applications.
The City of Vienna is an equal opportunity employer.(Post Date: December 2, 2019) (Post expires: February 3, 2020)
Police Officer – Macon
Please click on the links below for more information!