The Missouri Police Chiefs Association provides local and state law enforcement agencies to advertise employment opportunities for police chiefs, supervisory positions, law enforcement officers, communication officers, and other positions within their organization. Information on the position and access to employment applications can be e-mailed to the MPCA.
*NOTE: Must provide Job Expire Date.
Police Officer – Houston
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
The Houston, Missouri Police Department is seeking an individual committed to understanding and protecting the ethical and cultural values of the City of Houston and its residents as a Police Officer. Houston is a small, but fast paced department. It is the county seat, which draws people in from the entire county with the courthouse, hospital, and main employment base for the county. Police Officers are vital to public safety and perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives of the Houston Police Department. Applicants must be POST certified and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills. We are seeking highly motivated candidates that are new to the career field or with experience and the ability to be trained in our techniques and programs. Starting rate of pay is $15.53 / hour.
Selected candidates will be required to take a written exam and complete an oral board interview.
- Paid insurance
- Excellent retirement program (LAGERS)
- Great opportunities for training
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license –
- Investigates conditions hazardous to life or property; conducts initial investigations of crime and crime scenes; conducts criminal investigation work. Conducts search and seizure activities as appropriate. Collects and preserves crime scene and evidence.
- Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law.
- Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
- Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
The City of Houston provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays, is required.
The City of Houston is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. The City is a Drug Free Workplace.(Post Date: January 14, 2020) (Post expires: March 13, 2020)
Police Officer – Nixa
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.84-26.08 per hour pending qualifications*
- Posted Date:12/23/2019
Job Title: Police Officer
Pay Grade: 7
Pay Range: $17.84-26.08 per hour depending on qualifications*
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
*Optional study guides for the written test are available for purchase at http://www.publicsafetycompass.com/ (SKU: ELPOSG3rd Category: Study Guides)
FOR LATERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Job Summary: Performs a variety of law enforcement activities including; patrol, investigation, community relations, narcotics control, and youth services for the City of Nixa’s Police Department to ensure the safety and security of its residents.
For more information go to the following link: https://www.nixa.com/departments/human-resources/job-openings(Post Date: December 23, 2019) (Post expires: February 29, 2020)