The Missouri Police Chiefs Association provides local and state law enforcement agencies to advertise employment opportunities for police chiefs, supervisory positions, law enforcement officers, communication officers, and other positions within their organization. Information on the position and access to employment applications can be e-mailed to the MPCA.
*NOTE: Must provide Job Expire Date.
Police Officer – Osage Beach
$33,315.00 – $49,973.00 Annually
Osage Beach, MO
11/16/2018 5:00 PM Central
Employees assigned to the Patrol Section are responsible for responding to all calls received through the Communications network, from an outside emergency services source, or self- initiated, enforcing all Federal and State Laws, and City Ordinances, maintaining order, preventing crimes, and making arrests, and upon assignment, may train officers, and conduct investigations, and perform related work required.
All applicants MUST participate in the physical agility and written testing on Thursday, October 11th OR 25th OR Saturday, October 13th OR 27th. The testing begins at 8:00 AM at the YMCA located at 950 Airport Road, Osage Beach, MO. The written testing will immediately follow at City Hall (1000 City Parkway). If there are any questions call Cindy at 573-302-2000 ext. 258. Be prepared to show your Driver’s License. Click here for further information on testing.
Expectation of Job Duties
- Patrol areas (selected or random) in an effort to heighten the visibility of the Patrol unit, and to prevent or deter the commission of crimes.
- Respond to calls for service, and render assistance to the best of the officer’s capabilities as dictated by the amount of training received.
- Assist Fire, Ambulance, Civil Defense, and all other Emergency Services and render assistance as needed.
- Give testimony on cases that the officer is directly or indirectly involved in where the information is relevant to the case.
- Direct traffic as dictated by the conditions ( i.e. accidents, traffic jams, etc.) and enforce traffic laws and ordinances.
- Write accurate and complete reports concerning Law Enforcement activities, i.e. accident reports, death investigations, thefts, burglaries, and ensure the proper distribution of same.
- Constantly patrol his/her area, except when on special assignments.
- Report at the time appointed, being alert and attentive to the orders and instructions given.
- Inspect all public and licensed places within his/her area, enforcing the laws, ordinances and regulations concerning their operation.
- Devote the maximum possible time to the performance of his/her basic duty of patrol, calls for protection of life and property, and the enforcement of City, County, or State laws.
- If assigned a vehicle for vehicle patrol, he shall examine and inspect the vehicle at the beginning of his tour of duty; during the tour of duty he/she shall use the vehicle in a safe manner, avoiding hazardous or careless operation; if involved in an accident he/she shall report the matter promptly in accordance with Department policy.
- Provide service assistance and information to citizens when requested insofar as is possible and consistent with his/her duties.
- Ensure the civil treatment and the observance of rights of all persons that he/she has contacted with.
- Be accountable for the securing, receipting and proper transporting of all evidence and property coming into his/her custody.
- Be alert in his/her efforts to discover and suppress liquor, gambling, narcotics and prostitution violations.
- Through inspection, determine the security of business places after their normal working hours.
- Familiarize him/herself with conditions and persons within his/her beat, reporting all potential trouble spots to the supervisor.
- Perform other work-related duties, or special assignments dictated by the Patrol Sergeant, Patrol Lieutenant, and the Police Chief or his designate.
- Must possess a Missouri P.O.S.T Basic Certificate or be in enrolled in a Police Academy.
- Must be 21 years of age,
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be able to complete the Osage Beach Police Field Training Officers Program
- Must possess a Missouri operator’s license
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Department Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines relating to operation of the Patrol Division; Federal State and Local Laws and Ordinances;
- Knowledge of Departmental and division record keeping, reporting procedures, and forms.
- Knowledge of Departmental and divisional chain of command and disciplinary procedures.
- Ability to operate a two-way mobile and hand-held radio; operate and show knowledge in the safety precautions of a handgun, shotgun, and other weapons issued or allowed within the realm of patrol.
- Ability to operate a patrol vehicle under normal and emergency driving conditions; evaluate and react accordingly to an emergency situation.
- Ability to deal with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the rights of others while exercising considerable discretion.
- Must be able to analyze situations quickly and objectively and to determine proper cause of action according to law, departmental policy, and common sense.
- Must maintain a working relationship with all members of the Patrol unit, and members of the Department, other agencies.
- Ability to use extreme discretion in determining the validity of a violation, due to the tourist’s and visitor’s lack of knowledge of the area, laws, and problems encountered within and around the jurisdictional boundaries of the City of Osage Beach.
After reading the testing information, which testing date will you be participating in?
- October 11, 2018
- October 13, 2018
- October 25, 2018
- October 27, 2018
City of Osage Beach
1000 City Parkway
Osage Beach, Missouri, 65065
573-302-2000 ext 258
Police Officer – Lexington
The Lexington Police Department is currently recruiting for Full and Part time Police Officers. The City of Lexington recently approved a 20% raise in starting pay and we are looking to fill up to 3 immediate positions.
The City of Lexington is accepting applications for the position of Police Officers. Applicants must be twenty-one (21) years of age, valid driver’s license and high school diploma or GED. Applicants must be POST certified at the time of hire. The salary is from $16.50 hr.
The Department consists of 9 Sworn officer and an SRO with a dedicated Animal Control/ Nuisance Abatement Officer. Patrol Officers currently work a 12-Hour shift with every other weekend off. Uniform allowance is provided along with Paid Medical, Holidays and other benefits. The Lexington Police Department is part of the LAGERS Retirement System.
For more information about the position or to obtain an application, please contact the Lexington Police Department at (660) 259-6321. Applications will be accepted on a continual basis. Please submit resume/application (available at www.lexingtonmo.com/employment) to: Lexington Police Department, 203 N. 25th Street, Lexington, Mo. 64067 or by email to email@example.com.
The City of Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post Expires: November 30, 2018(Post Date: October 11, 2018) (Post expires: November 30, 2018)
Full or Part-Time Code Enforcement Officer – Woodson Terrace
The City of Woodson Terrace is seeking an experienced Code Enforcement Officer. The purpose of this position is to enforce compliance with City regulations and ordinances including those pertaining to zoning, land use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety, blight, and other matters of public concern. The Code Enforcement Officer works directly under the Public Works Director, and may work periodically with Municipal Court staff on certain issues. Pay depending on qualifications.
Job applications are available at City Hall – 4323 Woodson Road, Woodson Terrace, MO 63134. You may also print the application online at www.woodsonterrace.net. All applications must be submitted in person at City Hall by 4:30PM on November 16,2018.
The City of Woodson Terrace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.(Post Date: October 11, 2018) (Post expires: November 16, 2018)
Police Officer – Woodson Terrace
The City of Woodson Terrace is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. All applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED. POST Certification is mandatory. Law enforcement experience is preferred but not required.
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. College incentive pay is offered up to 5% of base salary. Other benefits include health insurance, dental, vacation, holiday, compensatory time, sick leave, tuition reimbursement and LAGERS retirement.
Applications are available at the Woodson Terrace Police Department, 4305 Woodson Road – Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 4:30PM. The deadline for submitting applications is November 16,2018. The City of Woodson Terrace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.(Post Date: October 11, 2018) (Post expires: November 16, 2018)
School Police Officer – Springfield Public Schools
Click on link below for more information!
Chief of Police – Manchester
Performs complex professional work managing the City’s law enforcement operations, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work involves setting policies and goals under the direction of the City Administrator. Departmental supervision is exercised over all personnel within the department.
The Chief of Police must be personally committed to community engagement, regional partnerships and visible leadership. The next Chief will be a transformative and visionary leader with a focus on increasing trust and partnerships between the Police and stakeholders. The Chief of Police is the public face of the Manchester Police Department and must be able to foster effective relationships with the community, elected officials, regional partners, city administration, as well as the command staff, supervisors, officers and civilian members of the department. Possessing outstanding communication, advocacy and critical thinking skills, the successful candidate will be a proactive law enforcement professional with a proven track record in effective change management, 21st Century Policing, and innovative strategic leadership. Manchester is a community that values diversity, expects and deserves an exceptional leader to be its next Chief of Police.
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background investigation (which includes, but is not limited to: a driving record, work history, credit history, conviction/arrest record, reference checks, and drug history), a polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, and pre-employment medical testing checking for the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please submit a completed application, cover letter, resume and five (5) letters of support by the Closing Date/Time: 4:30 PM (Central Time), Monday November 2, 2018. Submit to:
Attn: Larry Perney, City Administrator
City of Manchester
14318 Manchester Rd
Manchester, MO 63011
(Post expires: November 2, 2018)(Post Date: October 3, 2018) (Post expires: November 2, 2018)
Police Officer – Camdenton
The City of Camdenton is accepting applications for a full time Police Officer I position. We offer a 40 hours per week with modified 12 hr. days with every other weekend off. Entry level salary range $27,872 – $29,432 depending upon qualifications and experience with the possibility of promotion/pay increase at 6 months & two year. Officers also receive a monthly allowance for cell phone and uniforms.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Lagers-7 Retirement, Sick & Vacation Pay.
All applicants must meet the following requirements: POST certified, High School graduate or GED, at least 21 years of age. Will be required to pass physical exam, drug screen and background check.
City of Camdenton participates in e-verify as a part of the Missouri Immigration Law. Application and full job descriptions available by contacting the Camdenton Police Dept. (573) 346-3604 or from the City website, www.camdentoncity.com. EOE Expires: 10/31/2018(Post Date: September 21, 2018) (Post expires: October 31, 2018)
Part Time Police Officer – Camdenton
The City of Camdenton is accepting applications for a part time Police Officer I position. Flexible hours up to 24 hours a week. Entry level salary range of $13.40 – $14.15 depending upon qualifications and experience.
All applicants must meet the following requirements: POST certified, High School graduate or GED, at least 21 years of age. Will be required to pass physical exam, drug screen and background check.
City of Camdenton participates in e-verify as a part of the Missouri Immigration Law. Application and full job descriptions available by contacting the Camdenton Police Dept. (573) 346-3604 or from the City website, www.camdentoncity.com. EOE EXPIRES 10/31/18(Post Date: September 21, 2018) (Post expires: October 31, 2018)
Police Officer – Wentzville
Click on link below for further info!
Part-time Police Officer – Vienna
The Vienna, MO Police Department has an opening for a part time police officer. Applicants are required to meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration for the position of Police Officer for the City of Vienna, Mo.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current and valid Missouri P.O.S.T law enforcement certification
- Must agree to and pass a background check
- Must possess a valid Missouri Driver’s License (or equivalent if military) with an acceptable driving record
- Male applicants must not have visible piercings. Female applicants allowed visible piercing in the ears only (subject to uniform policy upon hire)
- Must not possess excessive or objectionable tattoos visible while on duty. Applicants hired may be required and must agree to wear covering “sleeves” or long sleeve uniform shirts as directed by the Chief of Police. No tattoos are allowed above the collar or on the hands (except the ring finger).
- Must be able to work any shifts to include, days, evenings, weekends and holidays as directed by the Chief of Police
- Must provide approved duty side arm and equipment belt
- Successful applicants will be subject to a 6 month probationary performance evaluation period
Part Time Position: Usually offers between 6 and 8 shifts (20 -40 hours) each month. Salary: $11.00 per hour.
Applications will be received until position is filled. Applications may be picked up from Vienna City Hall, located at 424 8th Street between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday or requested on line by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may be returned with completed applications.
The City of Vienna is an equal opportunity employer.(Post Date: September 17, 2018) (Post expires: November 16, 2018)
Police Officer – Branson West
Branson West (population 478) is ideally located in the heart of the Ozarks, we’ve got a rich history and a unique small town atmosphere with big city amenities. We are the “City at the Crossroads”. As the cornerstone of commerce in Stone County Missouri, Branson West has much to offer. Our businesses are so varied the list quite literally runs from Abstracts to Zoological, and everything imaginable in between. With Restaurants, Motels, Medical services and a host of Retail establishments, you will find that Branson West’s merchants provide a quiet, friendly, unhurried shopping experience second to none.
The City of Branson West is an organization that serves the public with integrity while offers its employees harmonious work /life balance, self-directed work and great benefits all within a highly collaborative environment.
We are dedicated to providing the highest level of services to ensure an exceptional quality of life for our community and are currently searching for an enthusiastic, service-minded and motivated individual to fill immediate opening as a Full time Police Officer. We offer excellent benefit package which includes health, dental, and vision care plans. Holiday, personal, sick, vacation and competitive Pay.
Candidate must be able to use independent judgement in complex emergency situations and become proficient with applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of hire, pass extensive background investigation and drug test, be available to work all shifts (days, evenings, overnights, swing, rotating shifts etc.), weekends, and holidays. Must be a POST Certified and possess a Valid Missouri Driver’s License. US citizenship as required be Section 590.030 RSMO
Applicants can pick up an application at the Branson West Police Department located at 110 Silver Lady Lane between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday or call (417) 272-3400 and an application can be mailed or e-mailed.(Post Date: August 22, 2018) (Post expires: October 22, 2018)
Police Officer – Vandalia
Vandalia, Missouri has a citizen population of 3,899. Vandalia is located in Audrain County, Missouri in the North Eastern section of Missouri. The City of Vandalia does not require police officers to reside within the city limits of Vandalia.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be twenty-one years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and possess a valid Missouri driver’s license, a negative criminal history records check and valid Missouri P.O.S.T. certification
SALARY: Starting salary for the position is $14.00 per hour. Salary will increase upon successful completion of the employee’s probationary period.
BENEFITS: Benefits include overtime, vacation, holidays, sick leave, training, health insurance, retirement program and provides uniforms and weapons.
All applicants must be able to successfully complete a Pre-Employment Physical and drug screen.
Applications may be obtained at Vandalia City Hall, located at 200 East Park Street in Vandalia, MO or by calling the City Hall at 573-594-6186 during business hours Monday through Friday. Applications should be returned to Vandalia City Hall, Attn: Ami Kuntz, Temporary City Clerk, 200 East Park Street, Vandalia, MO 63382.
Position is open until filled. The City of Vandalia is an equal opportunity employer, and participates in E-Verify(Post Date: August 22, 2018) (Post expires: October 22, 2018)
Police Officer – Manchester
The Manchester Police Department is seeking motivated individuals for the position of police officer. Manchester police officers enjoy a typical work week of four days on and four days off. Starting salary is $54,285. Salary is accompanied by an employee fringe benefit package which includes health and dental insurance funded in part by the City for employees and their dependents, paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and pension plan contributions.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements: be at least 21 years old, possess a Missouri Class “A” POST-certification or be currently attending a police academy and be able to pass written and physical agility tests.
Applicants must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license, and have no convictions or pending indictment for any felony, or any crimes related to a domestic violence. Applicants must submit to a thorough background investigation which includes drug screening, criminal background checks, character assessments and psychological exams.
Applications are available online through the City’s website at www.manchestermo.gov or in person at the Police Department at 200 Highlands Boulevard Drive. Applications must be submitted to the Manchester Police Department at 200 Highlands Boulevard Drive, Manchester, MO 63011. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Questions may be directed to the police department at (636) 227-1410 EOE(Post Date: August 8, 2018) (Post expires: October 31, 2018)
Police Officer – North County Police Cooperative
North County Police Cooperative
$42,452 starting salary
The North County Police Cooperative is accepting applications for both full and part time police officer positions. Must be POST certified. Applications can be picked up in person at 8027 Page, Vinita Park, MO 63133. The North County Police Cooperative provides police services for the cities of Charlack, Vinita Park, Dellwood, Beverly Hills, Uplands Park, Velda Village Hills, Pine Lawn, and Wellston.
Expires 10/31/2018(Post Date: July 6, 2018) (Post expires: October 31, 2018)
Police Officer I-II – Lebanon
The City of Lebanon is current accepting applications and résumés for the following vacant position(s):
POSITION: Police Officer I – II
CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2018
- Provides law enforcement services to serve and protect the community that includes but are limited to patrols of the city, responds to calls for service, conducts criminal investigations, generates and completes original incident reports, arrests violators, and testifies in court proceedings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent plus be a graduate from an authorized state basic law enforcement training academy.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates with two (2) years active duty military service with honorable discharge will also be considered.
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Must possess a Missouri P.O.S.T. certification (Class A Peace Officer License).
SALARY INFORMATION: Placement within range depends on experience, education, and training.
|Position/Category||Pay Grade||Starting Hourly Wage|
|Regular/Full-time||Grade 8 – 9||$15.660 – $20.811|
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Pre-employment Drug Testing
Successful Background Check
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest, résumé, complete an employment application, and provide a list of references to the following:
Human Resource Generalist
P.O. Box 111
Lebanon, MO 65536
Phone: (417) 991-3904
Fax: (417) 588-6098
To view the complete job description, please visit www.lebanonmissouri.org. The City of Lebanon considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.(Post Date: June 13, 2018) (Post expires: October 31, 2018)